This 4th of July weekend causes me to reflect on the strength of our Union, and I can say from my viewpoint our Union remains strong. The last three years have brought forth many of our differences within our country, differences which should surprise no one in a country as diverse and large as ours.
Our President Donald Trump while an imperfect man has been painted as a cause of this division, he may speak of the cuff with no filters often but for anyone to think he can solely be responsible for the division does not understand the American politic.
So, to provide some positive news on our Union, I would like to highlight what are, in my opinion, the top 10 achievements of the current Trump administration.
- Unemployment is at its lowest recorded levels for African-American, Hispanic-American, Asian-American and Women’s and Youth unemployment is at its lowest point in over 50 years. And more Americans are now employed than ever recorded before in our history.
- A record number of Federal regulations lifted.
- Created more than 400,000 manufacturing jobs since the election.
- New trade deals with Mexico, Canada, and South Korea.
- He pulled out of Obama’s disastrous Iran deal and imposed crippling sanctions on the regime in Tehran has supported terrorism against the USA for years.
- Implemented strong sanctions on the criminal regime of Nicolas Maduro in Venezuela.
- The United States is now the largest oil producer in the world surpassing Saudi Arabia and Russia, Thanks to lifting of Federal Regulations mentioned above.
- Confronting China and its abusive trade practices, currency manipulation, intellectual property theft, and outright theft of USA technology. By implementing tariffs, Mr. Trump shows China his administration is serious about negotiating a fair-trade deal for our country.
- Working with Mexico to stop the influx of economic migrants from Central American countries.
- Created a commission, Combating Drug Addiction, and the Opioid Crisis and implementing measures to contain the crisis which is killing roughly 45,000 a year in our country.
In short, the USA is open for business and is no longer willing to allow our innovation, property, and prosperity to be stolen by other nation states.
Sincerely, Christopher Lynn