On Tuesday, March 23, 2021, personnel from the Riverside County Sheriff’s Department and the California Department of Fish and Wildlife served seven marijuana cultivation related search warrants at seven separate residences/ properties located in the following unincorporated area of Aguanga:
- 44600 block of Jacob Court, Aguanga
- Parcel of land near Sorenson Road X Ruben Road, Aguanga
- Parcel of land near Leff Road X Foolish Paradise Road, Aguanga
- Parcel of land near Chris Allen Way X Bobcat Crossing, Aguanga
- Parcel of land near Chris Allen Way X Katies Corner, Aguanga
- 47300 block of Secret Falls Road, Aguanga
- 47500 block of Indian Trails Road, Aguanga
During the service of the search warrants, approximately 10,600 plants were eradicated, and 1,488 pounds of processed marijuana was collected, for a total combined weight of over two tons. One firearm (one rifle) was also collected for evidence.
The following suspects were arrested for Marijuana Cultivation, (charges will be filed with the Riverside County District Attorney’s Office):
- 65 year-old Aguanga resident Bernardino Mejia-Yanez
- 23-year-old Garden Grove resident Kyle Nguyen
- 25-year-old Fountain Valley resident Anh Tran
The goal of the Riverside County Sheriff’s Department is to keep all of our citizens safe while also improving the quality of life for those residing within the community. Marijuana cultivation negatively impacts the environment in many ways including diminishing and poisoning the water table and pesticides adversely affecting the health of neighboring residents. The Riverside County Sheriff’s Department has a zero-tolerance policy for these offenses. If you suspect drug activity in your area, please contact your local Sheriff’s Station. The Hemet Sheriff’s Station can be reached at (951) 791-3400 and the San Jacinto Sheriff’s Station can be reached at (951) 766-2400. Criminal activity can also be reported through the We-Tip Crime Reporting Hotline, (909) 987-5005.
For media inquiries regarding this incident please contact the Media Information Bureau.
Find your latest news here at the Hemet & San Jacinto Chronicle