Making a choice now that will provide you with the best possible healthcare coverage in 2021 can be stressful. People with Medicare face this decision during the Annual Election Period, from October 15 through December 7. While we can’t fully predict the future or our potential health needs (as the pandemic has proven), we can use our health history, plan information and modern resources to help make a well informed decision for our healthcare coverage in the coming year.
First, it’s imperative to set aside time to thoroughly research your options and compare benefits to ensure you select a Medicare Advantage plan that will cater to your physical health as well as your social, emotional, and mental well-being. As you look into Medicare Advantage plan options, it’s important to be mindful of some innovative benefits that may be available on some plans in case they are advantageous for you to have in 2021, such as:
* COVID Prevention and Support: Some Medicare Advantage plans are offering $0 copays for COVID-19 testing and treatment, as well as 14 days of home-delivered meals if a member is diagnosed.
* Insulin Savings Programs: Certain Medicare Advantage plans are working with the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) to increase insulin affordability, providing members with more affordable copays such as $35 for a 30-day insulin supply.
* In-Home Assistance: If you anticipate needing surgery in the coming year, consider a plan that provides in-home support, meal deliveries, or transitional programs. Certain Medicare plans provide transportation benefits that will take you from your home to a doctor’s appointment.
* Routine Preventive Benefits: Vision, hearing, and dental coverage can help you maintain a healthy lifestyle, so you may want to identify a plan that includes these benefits to help stay ahead of your health needs. Beyond traditional eye exams, you may wish to look for plans that also offer allowances for things like glasses and contact lenses.
* Wellness and Rewards Programs: Plans can also go the extra mile and offer reward programs to help motivate members to take charge of their health, whether it’s getting more exercise, participating in fitness programs, or even making preventive care appointments.
In light of the COVID-19 pandemic, be sure to educate yourself about plan options safely by using digital resources, including virtual educational events and one-on-one virtual meetings with licensed sales agents. Beneficiaries can also visit www.Medicare.gov ; call 1-800-MEDICARE (800-633-4227), 24 hours a day, 7 days a week; or go to www.Humana.com/Medicare to learn more about Humana plans. Licensed Humana sales agents are available 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. local time, seven days a week at 1-800-213-5286 (TTY: 711). With these resources, you’ll be able to confidently select a 2021 Medicare Advantage plan that suits your specific healthcare needs.
Find your latest news here at the Hemet & San Jacinto Chronicle