(Global Running Day)
• Warm up. A quick warm up of dynamic stretches can prime your body for the run and is an effective way to ward off sore or stiff muscles later.
• Practice social distancing. While running with pals is one of the best ways to get motivated, you can practice social distancing by running solo or with just a family member. Be courteous of others on your route and keep your distance.
• Cool down. While dynamic stretches are best for before the workout, afterward, practice yoga or a deep stretching routine.
• Light the way. Running at night? Wear reflective attire or other illuminating gear to make yourself visible to bikers and cars.
• Stay connected. Just because you’re socially distancing doesn’t mean you need to be unsocial. Follow the conversation at #GlobalRunningDay on social media and connect with runners around the world.
Find your latest news here at the Hemet & San Jacinto Chronicle
Search: Global Running Day