(Men’s Tennis Bounces Back)
The men’s tennis team was back in action Thursday, March 5th, 2020 hosting Victor Valley in an IEAC conference match. The Eagles came away with a solid 7-2 victory, moving their record to 8-3 (2-1 IEAC). The doubles round was competitive, with MSJC taking two of the three matches. Nick Van Dyke and Ashton Vega teamed up at number two doubles and cruised to a dominant 8-0 win. In the singles, the Eagles took full command, earning impressive straight-set wins in positions one through five. The guys are back in action next Tuesday when they travel to defending state champion College of the Desert.
- Fermin Blando (MSJC) def. Francisco Jamie (VV) 6-0, 6-0
- Isaac Morales (MSJC) def. Chris Rivera (VV) 6-1, 6-0
- Julian Valencia (MSJC) def. Jordan Watson (VV) 6-0, 3-0 Ret.
- Fernando Arguello (MSJC) def. Joseph Ward (VV) 6-0, 6-0
- Ashton Vega (MSJC) def. Hunter McBride (VV) 6-1, 6-1
- Tanner McBride (VV) def. Cody Rodriguez (MSJC) 6-1, 6-4
- F. Blando/F. Arguello (MSJC) def. F. Jaime/C. Rivera (VV) 9-7
- A. Vega/N. Van Dyke (MSJC) def. J. Watson/J. Ward (VV) 8-0
- H. McBride/T. McBride (VV) def. J. Delgado/J. Tejeda (MSJC) 8-6
Find your latest news here at the Hemet & San Jacinto Chronicle
Search: Men’s Tennis Bounces Back