Family members, friends and communities across the United States are mourning the loss of six American service members killed during a drone attack in Kuwait over the weekend.
The casualties occurred amid rapidly escalating military conflict in the Middle East after coordinated strikes by the United States and Israel against Iran. Officials say the broader conflict has already resulted in hundreds of deaths across the region and could continue for weeks.
According to the Department of Defense, the six service members were killed Sunday when an unmanned aerial attack struck the port area of Shuaiba in Kuwait. Authorities said the incident remains under investigation.
The soldiers were assigned to the Army Reserve’s 103rd Sustainment Command based in Des Moines, Iowa. The unit plays a critical logistical role, delivering supplies such as food, water, fuel and ammunition to U.S. forces and transporting equipment throughout operational areas.
Military officials confirmed the identities of five of the service members: Capt. Cody A. Khork, Sgt. Nicole M. Amor, Sgt. Declan J. Coady, Sgt. Noah L. Tietjens and Maj. Jeffrey R. O’Brien. The Defense Department also reported that Chief Warrant Officer 3 Robert M. Marzan is believed to have been among those killed.
Lt. Gen. Robert Harter, head of the U.S. Army Reserve Command, expressed condolences to the families and emphasized the importance of their service.
“Their commitment to duty and the sacrifices made by their loved ones will always be remembered,” Harter said in a statement.
Sgt. Noah L. Tietjens

Sgt. Noah Tietjens, 42, grew up in a family with strong ties to the military and enlisted in the early 2000s. Over the course of his career he served multiple overseas deployments, including missions in Iraq and Kuwait.
His twin brother, Nicholas Tietjens, said Noah had hoped to finish his latest assignment and return home within a few months.
Tietjens leaves behind his wife and teenage son. Outside of the military, he was passionate about martial arts and had become a certified instructor. Those close to him said he hoped to one day open a martial arts school in his Nebraska hometown.
Friends described him as calm and dependable, someone who naturally stepped in to help whenever needed.
Capt. Cody A. Khork

Capt. Cody Khork, 35, of Lakeland, Florida, began his military journey in the National Guard in 2009 before later becoming a commissioned officer in the Army Reserve.
His family said he believed strongly in serving his country and carried that sense of responsibility throughout his life.
Khork deployed to several locations during his career, including Saudi Arabia, Poland and Guantánamo Bay. His service earned him multiple commendations, including the Meritorious Service Medal and the Army Commendation Medal.
Loved ones said his dedication to duty was matched only by his devotion to family and friends.
Sgt. Nicole M. Amor

Sgt. Nicole Amor, 39, of White Bear Lake, Minnesota, had nearly two decades of military service.
According to her brother, she had been thinking about stepping away from the military after completing her most recent deployment so she could spend more time with her children.
Amor joined the National Guard in 2005 before transitioning to the Army Reserve. She previously deployed to Iraq and later Kuwait, where she worked in logistics operations.
Her brother said she often spoke about how much she missed her children while serving overseas.
Sgt. Declan J. Coady

Sgt. Declan Coady, who was posthumously promoted from specialist, was only 20 years old.
Originally from Iowa, he was attending Drake University in Des Moines as a sophomore at the time of his death.
Family members described him as intelligent and thoughtful, someone who could speak enthusiastically about topics he cared about. He had been active in scouting and enjoyed fencing, video games and fitness.
His sister said he had always been a steady presence in their family despite his young age.
Maj. Jeffrey R. O’Brien

Maj. Jeffrey O’Brien, 45, lived in Waukee, Iowa. He joined the Army Reserve as a signal corps officer in 2012.
Throughout his service, he received multiple awards recognizing his contributions and leadership.
O’Brien had previously deployed to Kuwait in 2019 and continued serving in various operational roles within the Reserve.
Chief Warrant Officer 3 Robert M. Marzan

Chief Warrant Officer 3 Robert Marzan, 54, of Sacramento, was present during the attack in Kuwait. Military officials believe he was among those killed, though final confirmation is pending completion of a medical examiner’s investigation.
Conflict Continues
The deaths come as tensions across the Middle East intensify following recent military actions targeting Iranian facilities and leadership.
Officials in Washington have warned that further casualties may occur as the conflict develops.
For the families of the six service members, however, the focus remains on remembering their loved ones — not only for their military service but for the lives they lived beyond the uniform.






















