Mt. San Jacinto College (MSJC) is offering the Moderna COVID-19 vaccine to those who qualify under Tiers 1a and 1b. The vaccines will be given on a first-come, first-served basis via online registration only. Only those who qualify under Tiers 1a and 1b may register, which includes those 65 and older; those working in specific health care fields; law enforcement; education and childcare workers. Please review the Riverside County Public Health website for information about the tiers. You must bring proof of eligibility to the appointment (an ID badge; letter of employment; and, for those 65 and older, a driver’s license, passport, or birth certificate). The doses will be administered at:
• The San Jacinto Campus Student Health Center, 1499 N. State St., San Jacinto, from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Wednesday, March 3. Register at https://outlook.office365.com/owa/calendar/MtSanJacintoCollegeHealthCenterSanJacinto@msjc.edu/bookings/.
• The Menifee Valley Campus Student Health Center, 28237 La Piedra Road, Menifee, from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Thursday, March 4. Register at https://outlook.office365.com/owa/calendar/MtSanJacintoCollegeMenifee@msjc.edu/bookings/. If this is your second dose of the Moderna vaccine, it must be at least 28 days since you received your first dose. MSJC received the doses from the state and continues to ask for more doses. The college district will announce additional vaccine dates if more doses become available. The vaccine is available only to those who have:
• not tested positive for COVID-19 in the past three months.
• no cold, flu or COVID-19 symptoms.
• no fever. You will be screened as you register and again when you enter the building for the vaccine. If you are not in Tiers 1a and 1b and still attempt to register, you will not receive the vaccine. Furthermore, this may result in disposal of the vaccine because of the guidelines on storage and expiration. Please be courteous of those in highest need of the vaccine by following the tier guidelines set forth by the state. If appointments are full, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to be placed on a waitlist. Waitlisted people may get called the day before or even the day of for last minute cancellations or no-show appointments. For more information on the tiers, please visit the Riverside County Public Health website.
MSJC • Contributed
Find your latest news here at the Hemet & San Jacinto Chronicle