RUSTY STRAIT | SENIOR REPORTER
Although it was previously announced that Police Chief Fust would be the interim City Manager in place of the current City Manager, Chris Lopez, it was Captain Glenn Brock that filled that seat at the recent meeting. The whereabouts of Lopez remain a mystery.
However, the Council Meeting got off to a smooth start after coming out of a closed session. The usual pre-meeting procedures took place and thus the public meeting began.
A conference with legal counsel on a liability claim was authorized for the full amount requested.
The following actions were taken under Work-Study Items:
1. Received the report on the Council Protocols from the Council Protocols Ad-Hoc Committee with assistance from the City Manager and City Attorney; Review, discuss and revise the Council Protocols as the council deems appropriate; Adopt a Resolution of the City of Hemet, California, Adopting City Council Protocols as amended if applicable.
2. Receive a report and provide direction on a Zoning Code Amendment to establish criteria for pre-fabricated palette shelter homes on public and private property.
3. Receive an informational presentation on the Public Safety Needs and spending plan for the Fiscal Year 2022-2023.
RECEIVE AND FILE:
1. Receive and file the City Warrant Registers.
Consent Calendar Approved 5-0
DISCUSSION – ACTION ITEMS:
1. Review the photos in the attached link and identify the top three choices of each Council Member. The top 3 were selected from a variety of photographs submitted. They will be voted on the City’s website, social meeting and a voting platform will be set up for the public’s vote.
2. Review, discuss and give direction regarding the proposed letter of support for the Coachella Valley-San Gorgonio Pass Rail Corridor Service Project.
3. Review, discuss and give direction regarding the proposed letter of support for the Coachella Valley-San Gorgonio Pass Rail Corridor Service Project Discretionary Grant Funding Application. Mayor Pro-tem Karlee Meyer Dissented.
4. Review, discuss and give direction regarding the proposed letter of support for additional funding allocation from the State of California for the Ii-15 Express Lane Extension Project.
1. National Police Officers Week and Peace Officers Memorial Day.
2. Asian American & Pacific Islander Month.
3. National Nurses Week.
4. Public Works Week Proclamation.
5. Global Love Day.
All in all, albeit a strange opening, a very passive meeting with a minimal argument among the council people and no serious commentary from the public. Individual Council Member reports went as usual and the meeting was gaveled to a close much earlier than expected and everyone went home to a later dinner. Just sayin’
Find your latest news here at the Hemet & San Jacinto Chronicle